Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Wonderful Family

I am dedicating this new blog to my wonderful family. God has richly blessed me in so many ways that I don’t deserve. I hope to share thoughts here on life, family & theology. I hope that it can be a blessing and encouragement to all who “stop by”.

In my office I have a picture of my lovely wife with Proverbs 18:22 written beside it, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” I don’t know where I would be be without the good thing...or should I say best thing that the Lord has given me. Lindsey, thank you for being an excellent wife who truly fears the Lord and walks in His ways!

The theme of this blog comes from Psalm 127:4-5a, “Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!” The verse before it says, “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.” There are days when we are exhausted and overwhelmed when it is hard to believe this, but we know it is true. I praise God for each one of my children and how He has uniquely made them.

Lily, a.k.a. “Silly Lily” is my firstborn and full of the funniest faces I have ever seen. There’s something about the camera that forces her tongue to exit her mouth. I think I know where she gets that from! It’s a blessing to see a 5 year old full of so much energy and with such a desire to learn. Lord, make Lily a sharp arrow for your glory!

Caedmon, a.k.a. “Cades Bud” is my only son and so much like his dad...a little sensitive but pretty daring. He loves wrestling and trying to jump off of anything he can find. An adventuresome 4 year old who is full of spunk! He also thinks shaving like dad is pretty cool. Lord, make Caedmon a straight arrow who fears you and walks in your ways!

Hadassah, a.k.a. “Dassah Bean” is my little trouble maker. The look on her face in this picture says it all! She definitely has an independent personality and likes exploring everything. She loves following her big siblings around and learning from them. It's fun to hear her start to say some more words and be able to communicate better. I think she'll be one who has a lot to say :). Lord, make Hadassah a bold and strong arrow for your service!

Vivianna hasn’t earned her nickname yet. She is just a cute little peanut who makes me smile every time I look at her. It is so fun to see such innocence and realize what a great responsibility it is from the Lord to be entrusted with teaching them to walk in His ways. Lord, make Vivianna a bright shining arrow in Your world!

Psalm 127:1 says, “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.” Lord, unless you build my family I will labor in vain. Unless you watch over them I will stay awake in vain. They belong to You Lord. Help me be faithful to love and serve my wife and children whom you have entrusted me with.

And may every word I type on this blog be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer!

2 comments:

  1. Just read your opening blog post...what a genuine, heartfelt, thankful, and faith-filled way to start things out. May our Heavenly Dad help us be the the Dads we need to be today, and the Dads we need to become tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see that my first comment comes from you my brother! It was great talking with you today on your birthday. The big 3-0! I'm almost there too! Amen, only He can teach us how to be a true father. Oh how we need Him!!

    ReplyDelete